Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tea-for-Two Bags?



I regularly drink Redbush or Rooibos tea.
At least I do when I can find it, as it is not common here.
It is cheaper to order it from UK by internet & pay 50% extra for postage, than to get it locally.
Best is when kind UK visitors bring a few boxes, free of p&p.

It is supposed to have great soothing capacity.
But as soon as I open the box, I am un-soothed by the inexplicable fact that the bags are in twos...
So, in transfering the 80 bags from the original cardboard box to an air-tight caddy, as recommended, I have to patiently tear apart 40 pairs.
They are not even decently perforated, so care is required to avoid ripping them open, especially if you try to do several at once.

OK - this is not one of life's great tragedies, but why on earth would anybody do it like that?
Don't try to tell me it is a significant cost saving.
Do they think it somehow increases customer satisfaction?
Did nobody ever tell them?

Parting thot: "Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone." - Jim Fiebig

No comments:

Post a Comment